Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a U.S. citizen.
- You are enrolled in a U.S. college or university where transfer credit from an academic program abroad will be applied to your U.S. degree being earned.
- You are enrolled in a U.S. undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree program.
- You have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0.
- You have a full, up-to-date transcript that can be provided as a PDF file and explicitly lists the following:
- the name of the college or university
- your full name (first and last)
- your cumulative GPA
- You are studying abroad in the host country for a minimum of 4 weeks/28 days.
Foundation for Global Scholars designates 60% of its scholarship funding to students deemed underrepresented in study abroad, specifically the following:
- Students with financial need (PELL grant recipients)
- Students studying at Colorado institutions
- Ethnically diverse students
- U.S. military veterans
- First generation college students